Topics Covered During the Program
Safety principles related to the Woodworking trade.
- The design and layout process.
- The identification and characteristics of solid woods, plywoods, and veneers.
- Understanding wood movement.
- Creating shop drawings (basic drafting) and understanding blueprints.
- How to use AutoCad. (Computer Aided Design)
- How to safely operate and understand major woodworking machines.
- Joints and joinery techniques, both by hand and machine.
- Hand tools and hand skills.
- Assembly Techniques.
- Frame and Panel construction.
- Finishing: How to apply several types of quality finishes.
- How to select, join, press, and finish veneered panels both flat and curved.
- Vacuum bag Techniques.
- Decorative techniques such as Marquetry and Inlay.
- Intro to CNC machining.